Days of Week Daily
Excersion From Kuala Lumpur
Pick Up Time –
Departure 7.00 a.m
Durations 8 Hours
Where white waters flow, enthusiasts and adventurers are sure to go! Test out your river skills and get an adrenaline rush as you ride through 14 rapids and the cooling waters of Kampar River in Perak.
On the river, you’ll have the thrill of tackling exciting rapids and floating down the clear water river amidst a lush rainforest. You will ride the continuous rapids graded from class I – III, and continue downriver, passing old tin mining plains. Get wet and get in touch with nature once more!
As a standard procedure, a safety briefing will be done which covers the paddling commands, paddling skills, capsize drills, actions when overboard or river rescue. After 10-15 minutes of briefing by the professional river guide, you are now ready for a river rafting adventure.
Come join this one day adventure tour – paddling along Sungai Kampar through raging white waters amidst serene surrounding, clear waters, fresh air, and if the sun’s up… you’ll get a good tan to boot!
(As defined and categorized by International Rafting Federation) Grade Description
- I (one) Moving water with a few riffles and small waves. Few or no obstructions
- II (two) Easy rapids with waves up to 3 feet (1m) high and wide, clear channels that are obvious without scouting. Some maneuvering required.
- III (three) Rapids with high, irregular waves often capable of swamping an open canoe. Narrow passages that often require complex maneuvering. May require scouting from shore.
- IV (four) Long, difficult rapids with constricted passages that often require precise maneuvering in very turbulent waters. Scouting from shore is necessary, and conditions make rescue difficult. They are generally not possible for open canoes. Boaters in covered canoes and kayaks should have the ability to Eskimo Roll.
- V (five) Extremely difficult, long, and very violent rapids with highly congested routes which should always be scouted from shore. Rescue conditions are difficult, and there is significant hazard to life in the event of mishap. Ability to Eskimo Roll is essential for boaters in kayaks and decked canoes.
- VI (six) Difficulties of Class V carried to the extreme of navigability. Nearly impossible and very dangerous. For teams of expert only, after close study has been made and all precautions have been taken.
- 7:00am – Pick up from KL
- 9:00am – Arrive at Gopeng
- 10:00am – Safety briefing
- 10:30am – Water rafting (2 hours)
- 1:00pm – Lunch
- 2:00pm – Transfer back to KL
- Return transfers (KL – Gopeng – KL)
- Packed breakfast (sandwiches, snacks, etc.)
- All rafting equipment (life jackets and helmets are provided), rafting guide, insurance, transfers (car/van/bus)
- Personal expenditures, other items not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Change of clothes, sarong, personal medication and craving, river sandals or sport shoes with laces.
- A pair of socks is recommended if using sport shoes, straps for spectacles or goggles for contact lenses, towel, shoes, slippers, sun block, insect repellent, personal toiletries, waterproof camera (optional), and don’t forget to bring a sense of adventure / fun / humour / enthusiasm and a flexible attitude!
- Min 3 Person
- Outdoor activities are subject to weather conditions and may be reorganised to best meet operational situations
- The raft may accommodate up to 8 people
- Leisurely to Easy (suitable for children aged 7 and above)
- River rafting is subject to water level and weather conditions